Information systems (Bachelor of Science), dual course
Put what you have learnt straight into practice – during the dual course in information systems, you will learn how to define software solution specifications, how to programme them, and how to integrate them with company systems. You will receive well-founded theoretical apprenticeship from Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Heidenheim, Germany and collaborate with us in highly qualified teams of computer scientists.
During your practical experience
- You will work in a team consisting of highly qualified computer scientists
- You will support our internal customers with software specifications to guarantee that the software is integrated into the system landscape in the best possible way
- You will acquire well-founded knowledge about IT software management processes and participate in projects for the development/further development of applications until these are handed over within the company
- You will learn to develop software in accordance with the current architectural standards (e.g. SOA - service-oriented architecture) on different IT systems (e.g. Java/ SAP, and so on)
- You will learn how you can apply IT and business management content from your studies to practical situations, thus strengthening your knowledge
- You will apply different methods of working in order to prepare you as thoroughly as possible for the start of your own career
- You will build up a valuable network within the company, which you can draw upon throughout your entire career at MAN.
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Science apprenticeship is in collaboration with Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Heidenheim, Germany. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. For more information, visit the website of the Heidenheim site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (www.dhbw-heidenheim.de).
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship will last 3 years in total. Each semester consists of a theoretical stage and practical experience, which alternate every three months. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
Candidates with the qualifications required to attend a technical college will only be accepted based on additional proof of their suitability for the course for which they are applying (for more information, see the website of the Heidenheim site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University)