Assembly technology technician apprenticeship (assembly line worker)
Filing, welding, threading, bending sheet metal, riveting, drilling, turning, milling – apprenticeship as an assembly technology technician means being at the work bench. After all, that is where you will learn everything that you need to know about using tools and machine tools. You will then assemble the manufactured parts to construct, for example, axles, cabs or entire HGVs.
As an assembly technology technician, your tasks include using, maintaining and servicing tools and machine tools expertly and adapting different construction materials for chip and chipless formation. This includes performing regular measurements and tests to monitor products. One focus is on using specifications and drawings to assemble various components to make functional units, such as our axles, cabs or entire HGVs.
During your apprenticeship, you will learn:
- The structure and organisation of the apprenticeship company
- The principles of occupational safety and environmental protection
- Skills such as planning, preparing, monitoring and assessing. You will also strengthen your knowledge of these areas
- To read and create technical documents
- Manual and mechanical machining, measuring, testing, marking, centre-punching, stamping, filing, grinding, thread cutting, bending, straightening, riveting, drilling, turning, milling and different soldering and welding processes
- To optimise work flows and processes while taking the continuous improvement in quality made by our production system into account
- To work in a team-oriented way by actively contributing to group discussions and coordinating work within the group
Your opportunities for development
After your apprenticeship, we will offer you:
- A start to your career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in Europe
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your knowledge and skills to become involved with the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 2 years.
For those with above-average performance and with the corresponding apprenticeship qualification, there is the opportunity to be considered for further apprenticeship in the metal industry.
- School leaving certificate (Hauptschulabschluss)