Information System and Management (Bachelor of Science), combined course of study
Put what you have learnt straight into practice – during the dual course in information systems, you will learn how to define software solution specifications, how to programme them, and how to integrate them with company systems. You will receive well-founded theoretical apprenticeship from University of Applied Science in Augsburg, Germany and collaborate with us in highly qualified teams of computer scientists.
During your practical experience
During this course, you will have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the IT area of operation, such as IT-projects, programming and user consulting. Your tasks will vary based on each of these areas.
- You will work in a team consisting of highly qualified computer scientists
- You will support our internal customers with software specifications to guarantee that the software is integrated into the system landscape in the best possible way
- You will acquire well-founded knowledge about IT software management processes and participate in projects for the development/further development of applications until these are handed over within the company
- You will learn to develop software in accordance with the current architectural standards (e.g. SOA - service-oriented architecture) on different IT systems (e.g. Java/ SAP, and so on)
- You will learn how you can apply IT and business management content from your studies to practical situations, thus strengthening your knowledge
- You will build up a valuable network within the company, which you can draw upon throughout your entire career at MAN
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Science apprenticeship is in collaboration with University of Applied Science in Augsburg, Germany. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. The studies at the University of Applied Science Augsburg consists of six theoretical and practical semesters. The practical semester is integrated into the apprenticeship at the company. For more information, visit the website of University of Applied Science Augsburg (https://www.hs-augsburg.de/Informatik/Wirtschaftsinformatik-Bachelor.html).
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career that complies with the current trade agreements
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship will last 4,5 years or else 7 terms in total. Each semester will be spend at the University of Applied Science in Munich for the theoretical period. In your term breaks, during your practical semester and during the time of your bachelor thesis, you will spend your practical periods at the MAN Diesel & Turbo site in Augsburg. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
- Very good grads in for your studies relevant subjects
- Final report grade above 2,5
- Fascination for IT related topics
- Understanding for technology and communication
- Logical reasoning and analytical approaches
- Good command of English
Participants must apply for a place to study at university before the apprenticeship begins. If the applicant fulfils the admission requirements, particularly those set by the numerus clausus, the applicant will be granted a place to study at the university in the winter semester of the following year.
After completing the Bachelor course, the participant must be prepared to accept a term of employment with the company for a minimum of 24 months, if this is offered. If the participant does not accept this employment contract, a (proportional) amount of the grant must be repaid.
MAN Diesel & Turbo Augsburg
Telephone: +49 821 322-3623