Mechatronics engineer with mechatronics (Bachelor of Engineering), combined course of study
Do you want to follow a solid apprenticeship course or would you rather study? This is not a snap decision that you have to make at MAN. If you enjoy electronics and technology, we offer you the opportunity to get a apprenticeship to become a mechatronics engineer whilst simultaneously studying mechatronics at the University of Applied Sciences Ausgburg – including a semester abroad. This will give you the best possible start to your career and the opportunity to develop in a variety of ways.
During your practical experience
During this course, you will have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the engineering area of operation, such as research and development, production, quality management, operation, after sales or marketing/sales. Your tasks will vary based on each of these areas.
- You work directly on product developments and new product processes
- You are directly involved in the manufacturing of our products
- You are in charge of the protection and the progress of certain qualities of our products and services
- You will maintain an intensive and close contact with our company from the beginning. By performing the tasks for which you are responsible, you will get to know the processes and structure of the company very well indeed, which will prepare you for an easy transition into your future profession as an engineer
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Engineering apprenticeship is in collaboration with University of Applied Science in Augsburg, Germany. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. The studies at the University of Applied Science Augsburg consists of six theoretical and practical semesters. The practical semester is integrated into the apprenticeship at the company. For more information, visit the website of University of Applied Science Augsburg (https://www.hs-augsburg.de/Elektrotechnik/Mechatronik-Bachelor.html).
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career that complies with the current trade agreements
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship will last 4,5 years or else 7 terms in total. Each semester will be spend at the University of Applied Science in Munich for the theoretical period. In your term breaks, during your practical semester and during the time of your bachelor thesis, you will spend your practical periods at the MAN Diesel & Turbo site in Augsburg. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
- Very good grads in scientific subjects
- Final report grade above 2,3
- Technical Understanding
Participants must apply for a place to study at university before the apprenticeship begins. If the applicant fulfils the admission requirements, particularly those set by the numerus clausus, the applicant will be granted a place to study at the university in the winter semester of the following year.
After completing the Bachelor course, the participant must be prepared to accept a term of employment with the company for a minimum of 24 months, if this is offered. If the participant does not accept this employment contract, a (proportional) amount of the grant must be repaid.
MAN Diesel & Turbo Augsburg
Telephone: +49 821 322-3623