Business Administration (Bachelor of Arts), combined course of study
Deciding on the next advertising campaign in the marketing department, making a reasonable turnover in the sales department, checking the figures in the accounting department, leading important negotiations in the purchasing department or looking for the right people in the HR department – this dual course of study offers you a wide range of commercial knowledge, both in theory and in practice. Once your apprenticeship is complete, you just have to decide which department you are most suited to.
During your practical experience
During this course, you will have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the commercial field, such as purchasing, logistics, finance and accounting, HR or marketing/sales. Your tasks will vary based on each of these areas.
- In marketing/sales: You will represent customer and market interests. You will assist with the product planning and product development process. You will also analyse the market and propose suitable measures and solutions
- In finance and accounting: You will learn about the important aspects of profit-oriented management. You will work with an investment plan and ensure that management is provided with the necessary information
- In purchasing and logistics: You will learn who the MAN suppliers are and negotiate with them
- In HR: You will work on topics related to human resources and employment law. You can contribute to personnel recruitment, from selection to employment. You will give advice about qualification measures
- You will be qualified for higher-level specialist and managerial tasks
- You can put the theoretical knowledge that you have acquired to use in managerial tasks
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Arts apprenticeship is in collaboration with University of Applied Science in Augsburg, Germany. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. The studies at the University of Applied Science Augsburg consists of six theoretical and practical semesters. The practical semester is integrated into the apprenticeship at the company. For more information, visit the website of University of Applied Science Augsburg (https://www.hs-augsburg.de/Wirtschaft/Betriebswirtschaft-Bachelor.html).
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career that complies with the current trade agreements
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship will last 4,5 years or else 7 terms in total. Each semester will be spend at the University of Applied Science in Munich for the theoretical period. In your term breaks, during your practical semester and during the time of your bachelor thesis, you will spend your practical periods at the MAN Diesel & Turbo site in Augsburg. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
- Very good grads in for your studies relevant subjects
After completing the Bachelor course, the participant must be prepared to accept a term of employment with the company for a minimum of 24 months, if this is offered. If the participant does not accept this employment contract, a (proportional) amount of the grant must be repaid.
MAN Diesel & Turbo Augsburg
Telephone: +49 821 322-3623